Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New Motivation and Week 1 Results

Yesterday, my fiancé met my mom and me for lunch at Chick-Fil-A.  I got my newly-usual meal, the Chargrilled Chicken Garden Salad with Light Italian Dressing, while the fiancé ordered the Spicy Chicken Sandwich meal and my mom ordered the 8-piece Chicken Nugget meal.  This doesn't sound too important, but it's the basis of my motivation.

As we started eating, the aroma of my fiancé's sandwich floated up to my nose and smelled SO GOOD.  Now, at this point, I haven't had any bread for 9 days or anything fried for over a month.  I was used to eating bread at least once a day, if not for all three meals.

So, I said to him, "God, that sandwich looks good."

He turned his head, looked in my eyes, and said, "It is, but I'm proud of you."

I'm proud of you.  That statement says so much when you know the person saying it truly means it.  He knows my struggle with my weight; he knows that I want to reach my goal; he knows that I want this to be long-term instead of just for our wedding.  But most importantly, he wants me to be happy. So BOOM.  There's my additional motivation.  Bring it.


Week 1 Results:

Weight: down 3.8 pounds
BMI: down 1%
Chest: down 0.25 in
1.5" under chest: down 1 in
Stomach: down 0.75 in
Hips: same
Mid Left Thigh: down 0.5 in
Mid Right Thigh: down 0.25 in
Mid Left Bicep: down 0.25
Mid Right Bicep: same

I'm VERY pleased with my results for Week 1.  Praying that this success will keep going at this rate!

No comments:

Post a Comment