Sunday, April 29, 2012

First Wedding Shower

I survived my first wedding shower!  It was so much fun, and we received so many nice gifts from our friends and family.  The food was delicious - three of my mom's closest friends (one of which is my godmother) hosted the shower, and the menu was just incredible.  A friend of mine from my previous workplace made chicken salad and pimento cheese, and she also made a white chocolate strawberry cake from scratch.  It was precious... and so tasty.  There were also a few plates of veggies and fruit to munch on, and one of my mom's friends made homemade mints.  What's ironic, though, was that she hasn't made those mints since my mom's baby shower...  which was for me.  I tried a few bites of everything, but I totally downed my piece of cake.  I must say, though that I was proud of myself for not overindulging in the yummy goodness.  I even managed to lose a pound yesterday!  I guess the Kenpo X worked wonders.

So far, I'm pleased with my P90X workout results in just a week.  Since last Monday, I've lost three pounds already.  Some of it is probably just fluid, but hey, I'll take it!  I'm staying focused and making sure that I look the best I can for the wedding and honeymoon...  and beyond.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on 3 lbs. lost and doing the P90X. That is way too intense for me!

    ReplyDelete