Thursday, February 10, 2011

My dog weighs as much as I've lost!

Yep, I realized that this morning.  I lost another 0.8 lbs this morning, which puts me at 12.8 lbs lost since January 3rd.  My dog weighs around that (she fluctuates), so I got some major motivation from visualizing how much I've lost.  This is my pup's Christmas photo so you can see what I'm talking about:


Plus, I've also noticed that I no longer have one big stomach roll when I slouch.  Instead, it's two tiny ones.  That still doesn't sound too attractive, but hey - I'd take two small ones over one big one ANY day!

I've been eating a bit more than I was, which is why I've been slightly surprised that I've lost weight.  I've always heard, though, that if you're at a plateau, you can eat more food (healthy food, of course) and kickstart your metabolism even more.  I guess that's worked pretty well even though I haven't gotten to a plateau yet, thank God.  Hopefully it will stay that way until I reach the 35 lbs lost mark.

We got some snow last night, so this morning when I got to work, I absolutely had to take some pictures of the campus.  The snow is pretty and all, but I'm so tired of the cold weather.  I want to be able to run outside on a trail and go play on my jet ski.  The groundhog told us that we'd have an early spring, so I'm going to hold him to that.  If that doesn't happen, it's game on, groundhog.

2 comments:

  1. I love that first, tangible realization of how much the pounds add up to.

    When I lost my first 5lbs my roommate was super excited and I was like "But I have SO MUCH to lose." So she bought 5lbs of crisco and set it out on the counter in a giant mushy pile on a baking sheet. I got home from class and asked what it was and she said "That's the 5lbs you just lost." It was so gross. And so effective. Now with every pound I lose I think about Crisco. I'd much rather picture it as a puppy, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your weight loss!! Keep it up. I ran across your blog, I just started blogging myself. www.changingfromfattofit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete